This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1568 / 53°9'24"N
Longitude: -2.8815 / 2°52'53"W
OS Eastings: 341152
OS Northings: 362547
OS Grid: SJ411625
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.52K6
Mapcode Global: WH88F.QX19
Entry Name: Hill Road with Storeshed and Domestic Offices Attached
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136427
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55316
Location: Eaton and Eccleston, Cheshire West and Chester, CH4
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Eaton and Eccleston
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
1-4 Hill Road with storeshed and domestic offices attached
4 attached cottages, c.1889 (Pevsner and Hubbard), by Douglas &
Fordham. Stone-dressed red-brown brick with blue diapers; red tile
roofs. A symmetrical 1½ storey group on 3 sides of a rectangular
garden forecourt: 2 cottages at rear and 1 to each side linked by
pentice roof forming loggia on inner face of each wing. Steep hipped
roof to rear cottages with central chimney of 4 spirally moulded brick
flues. 2 shaped dormer gables. Side cottages with shaped gables to
road. Shaped chimney on ridge centre of each wing cottage. Framed and
boarded doors to Nos. 1 and 4 on ornate wrought iron hinges survive.
Hip-roofed wash and coal houses in rear yards linked to cottages by
brick walls with ornate copings and finials. Window openings with
bevelled mullions in birdsmouthed bevelled surrounds hold iron
casements with rectangular leaded glazing.
Interiors: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ 41152 62547
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings