This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1579 / 53°9'28"N
Longitude: -2.8791 / 2°52'44"W
OS Eastings: 341311
OS Northings: 362670
OS Grid: SJ413626
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.534R
Mapcode Global: WH88F.RW5G
Entry Name: Former Institute (Now Office of Chartered Surveyor)
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138374
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55321
Location: Eccleston, Cheshire West and Chester, CH4
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Eaton and Eccleston
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 4162 ECCLESTON C.P. OLD CHURCH LANE
7/125 Former Institute (Now
office of Chartered
Institute, 1870, probably by John Douglas, for 3rd Marquis of
Westminster. Altered for use as a chartered surveyor's office. A 1½
storey rectangular building, early C17 in style. Brown brick on high
sandstone plinth, with timber-framed gables, jettied at right end.
Red tile roof. Central chimney of shaped brickwork. Stone mullioned
Jacobean style multi-light windows to lower storey. Basket-arched
central doorway of stone, with moulded intrados and reveals.
Oak-framed dormer above entrance, with oak casement and tile-hung
sides. Leaded glazing removed; rear windows altered.
Interior: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ4131162670
Other nearby listed buildings