This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1569 / 53°9'24"N
Longitude: -2.879 / 2°52'44"W
OS Eastings: 341320
OS Northings: 362556
OS Grid: SJ413625
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.5366
Mapcode Global: WH88F.RX77
Entry Name: The Rectory and Attached Coach House
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138412
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55307
Location: Eaton and Eccleston, Cheshire West and Chester, CH4
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Eaton and Eccleston
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 4162 ECCLESTON C.P. CHURCH ROAD
7/111 The Rectory and attached
House with C17 core, altered and extended C18, C19 and C20. A long 2
storey building, originally a house with attached cottage to left.
White painted brickwork with gabled slate roofs. Gable chimney,
projecting, right. Some mid C19 small-pane iron casements. 6-panel
door: later trellis porch. Blocked back door with Gothick-arched
panels, in arched projecting porch. Mid C19 extension, left; modern
extension (in keeping), right.
Interior: 2 flight oak stair (painted), probably early C18, altered,
with square newels and closely spaced turned balusters. Oak framing
in internal wall and 2 chamfered oak purlins in west bedroom, 5 panel
C18 door to drawing room; two boarded ledged and battened doors in
former cottage at east end (ground floor).
Simple 2 storey L shaped coach-house. Brick; gabled slate roofs;
boarded doors to garage (coach-house) and former hayloft. Linked to
house by walled yard.
Listing NGR: SJ4132662556
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings