This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.6052 / 54°36'18"N
Longitude: -1.3791 / 1°22'44"W
OS Eastings: 440206
OS Northings: 523509
OS Grid: NZ402235
Mapcode National: GBR LHT5.7Y
Mapcode Global: WHD6Q.SHHZ
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 16 November 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139224
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59272
Location: Grindon, Stockton-on-Tees, TS21
Civil Parish: Grindon
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Stockton Country Parish
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 42 SW GRINDON WYNYARD ROAD
Church of St James
1887. Small, aisleless, two-cell church of two and two bays with south porch.
Coursed stone with tiled roof in early English style. Lancet windows under drip
moulds. Bracketed eaves cornice. Impost moulding and one order of nook shafts
to porch. At west end a small octagonal bell turret with spirelet. Londonderry
hatchment on north nave wall.
Listing NGR: NZ4020623509
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.