This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3622 / 53°21'43"N
Longitude: -2.6063 / 2°36'22"W
OS Eastings: 359747
OS Northings: 385206
OS Grid: SJ597852
Mapcode National: GBR BY7K.JG
Mapcode Global: WH98Q.YR2B
Entry Name: Number 134 (Attached Dwelling) and Railing to Forecort village Hall
Listing Date: 23 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139349
English Heritage Legacy ID: 58987
Location: Walton, Warrington, WA4
Civil Parish: Walton
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Walton St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 58 NE WALTON C.P. CHESTER ROAD (North West
2/48 Village Hall and No.134
(attached dwelling) and
railing to forecourt
Village Hall (formerly the village school) and former Schoolmaster's
House. Datestone "1885 Sir G G [Gilbert Greenall] Bart". Flemish bond
brown brick, stone-dressed. Westmorland green graded slate roof.
Stone and brick chimney on the ridge has plinth and 6 attached
octagonal flues. Coped gable in moulded sandstone to right end of
Hall; front and end gables to 2 storey, 2 bay, 1 window house, left.
Stone-coped plinth, weathered cill band and stone-quoined buttresses
to Hall. Plain verges with exposed rafters. 3-light pointed windows to
Hall - that in gable has bar tracery. Leaded glazing. Framed and
boarded door and inner door to Hall in pointed arched doorways.
Square-headed, mullioned, leaded windows and framed and boarded door
to house. No.134 has well-executed detailing outside and in. The
interior has 6-panel doors with moulded stiles and rails and staircase
with newels and turned balusters. Cast iron railing in front of Hall
with square cast bracketted newels, on tapered sandstone base.
Listing NGR: SJ5974785205
Other nearby listed buildings