History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tregony Primary School, Schoolhouse, Boundary Wall and Gates

A Grade II Listed Building in Tregony, Cornwall

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2694 / 50°16'9"N

Longitude: -4.9109 / 4°54'39"W

OS Eastings: 192658

OS Northings: 45098

OS Grid: SW926450

Mapcode National: GBR ZP.V39K

Mapcode Global: FRA 08LB.4LV

Entry Name: Tregony Primary School, Schoolhouse, Boundary Wall and Gates

Listing Date: 27 November 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1141030

English Heritage Legacy ID: 62921

Location: Tregoney, Cornwall, TR2

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Tregoney

Built-Up Area: Tregony

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Tregony with St Cuby

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Tregoney

Listing Text

SW 94 NW TREGONY FORE STREET (north-west side)
TREGONY
2/92 Tregony Primary School,
- Schoolhouse, Boundary
Wall and Gates
GV II

Board School, schoolhouse, boundary wall and gates. 1878, extended circa 1918.
Roughly coursed slate rubble, granite dressings and steep Delabole slate roof with
granite coped gables and lateral and axial stone chimneys. Central range with wings
with schoolhouse as one wing and classroom, lengthened, forming the other wing.
Gothic and Tudor styles. School room 2 storeys, school one storey. Schoolhouse
has ground floor 12 pane wooden sash with horns in gable end with similar window
over partly in roof space with slit ventilator above. 2 storey lean-to porch in
angle between schoolhouse and school with door to ground floor and small sash over
with low pitched roof. School front is symmetrical with central pointed arched
doorway, 4 segmental headed 2 light mullioned windows with wooden fixed and tilt
opening casements with glazing bars and 4 buttresses with offsets flanking door and
between windows. Wing to east of north end was extended circa 1918 reusing 3 light
lancet window, ventilator over and coping when gable end rebuilt.
Interior has inserted ceiling obscuring original roof structure. Stepped granite
coped boundary wall has arched iron gates with spike finials. Dates supplied by
Headmaster.


Listing NGR: SW9265845098

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.