History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tregony House

A Grade II Listed Building in Tregony, Cornwall

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2679 / 50°16'4"N

Longitude: -4.9121 / 4°54'43"W

OS Eastings: 192566

OS Northings: 44933

OS Grid: SW925449

Mapcode National: GBR ZP.V8YV

Mapcode Global: FRA 08LB.458

Entry Name: Tregony House

Listing Date: 27 November 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1141033

English Heritage Legacy ID: 62928

Location: Tregoney, Cornwall, TR2

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Tregoney

Built-Up Area: Tregony

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Tregony with St Cuby

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Tregoney

Listing Text

SW 94 SW TREGONY FORE STREET (south side)
TREGONY
5/99 No. 15 (Tregony House)
- (formerly known as Brick House)


GV II

Town house. Circa 1740 with C17 wing with later additions. Front refenestrated
late C19. Rendered bricks front, painted rubble rear and wing with-asbestos and
scantle slate roofs. Chimneys over and lateral stack gable ends. Single depth 2
room plan with stair turret to rear left and and long wing to rear right. 2
storeys. 3 window front. Wide central 6 panel door with beaded bottom panel and
overlight. Windows are 6 pane sashes with horns. Stucco platband. Slightly
projecting eaves. C19 brick chimney over left gable and C20 brick chimney over
right gable shared with No. 14. Rear wing is of 3 builds and C17 2 light wooden
mullioned window with notches for saddle bars and inward opening later casements
survives to ground floor. South wall. In north wall is heavy ovolo moulded 4 pane
light of first half of C18 and probably reused fragment of original sashes to front.
Interior of C18 part is fairly intact with semi-circular arch to passage, fielded 2
panel doors with HL hinges, heavy turned baluster unequal dog leg stair with landing
balustrade and moulded plaster ceiling cornices. In first floor room of wing is C17
oak ovolo moulded fireplace lintel supported on ovolo moulded oak corbels. Pegged
trusses to main roof may be circa 1800.


Listing NGR: SW9256644933

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.