This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.1566 / 50°9'23"N
Longitude: -5.1036 / 5°6'12"W
OS Eastings: 178406
OS Northings: 33114
OS Grid: SW784331
Mapcode National: GBR ZC.H6JT
Mapcode Global: FRA 086L.TT3
Entry Name: Lower Kergilliack Farmhouse and Wall Adjoining at Rear
Listing Date: 24 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141972
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66424
Location: Budock, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Budock
Built-Up Area: Falmouth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Budock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 SE BUDOCK
3/8 Lower Kergilliack Farmhouse and
- wall adjoining at rear
Farmhouse, including garden wall adjoining at the rear right-hand side. Possibly
C18, remodelled and extended circa early-mid C19. Painted rubble, granite sills to
part of front, slate sills to slightly later wing; brick arches over the openings.
Dry Delabole slate and scantle slate roofs. 2 parallel roofs with brick gable end
stacks extended with hipped linking roof with very deep eaves over later wing, on the
Cast-iron ogee-section gutters.
Plan: Double depth plan under 2 parallel roofs plus stair projection at rear and
circa mid-C19 shallower depth one-room plan addition, on the right. Original part
has 2 rooms at the front flanking a cross passage leading to a stair hall between 2
similar sized rooms (possibly the original house) at the rear. Left-hand rooms are
wider. Wall adjoining at rear has a semi-circular-on-plan projection and is thought
to have been built when French prisoners -of-war were accommodated at Kergilliack
during the Napoleonic Wars.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Overall 4 windows south front. Older 3-window front on the
left has doorway right of middle. C19 6-panel door; circa early-C19 hornless sashes
with glazing bars to ground floor, later 6-pane horned sashes to first floor.
Cambered arches over the openings. Wing set back on the right has doorway with old
pair of glazed doors and overlight and blind window opening above. Right-hand wall
of wing is a 2 window garden front with original 12-pane hornless sashes and old
shutters to the ground floor openings.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW7840633114
Other nearby listed buildings