This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.6644 / 54°39'51"N
Longitude: -2.7509 / 2°45'3"W
OS Eastings: 351659
OS Northings: 530184
OS Grid: NY516301
Mapcode National: GBR 9G7H.7Q
Mapcode Global: WH81B.Q170
Entry Name: Monument to Railway Contractors in St Andrew's Churchyard on North Side of Church
Listing Date: 9 February 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145049
English Heritage Legacy ID: 72924
Location: Penrith, Eden, Cumbria, CA11
Civil Parish: Penrith
Built-Up Area: Penrith
Traditional County: Cumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Penrith St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
5165 ST ANDREW'S CHURCHYARD
Monument to railway contractors in
St Andrew's churchyard on north
side of church
NY 5130 1/170
1846. Victorian Gothic monument to commemorate building of Lancaster to
Carlisle Railway. Robert Virtue, superintendent, John Stephenson & Co. Stone.
Two rectangular piers with pointed arched panels with inscriptions, ending at
top in crocketted finials. Between the piers is Perpendicular Gothic tracery,
cusped, with an ogee arch above ending in a foliated finial.
Listing NGR: NY5165930184
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings