This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.6659 / 54°39'57"N
Longitude: -2.7503 / 2°45'0"W
OS Eastings: 351704
OS Northings: 530348
OS Grid: NY517303
Mapcode National: GBR 9G7H.C6
Mapcode Global: WH814.QZJF
Entry Name: 13, 14 and 15, Sandgate
Listing Date: 24 April 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145056
English Heritage Legacy ID: 72938
Location: Penrith, Eden, Cumbria, CA11
Civil Parish: Penrith
Built-Up Area: Penrith
Traditional County: Cumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Penrith St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
Nos 13, 14 and No 15
NY 5130 1/185 24.4.51
No 15 was once Sandgate Hall and was HQ of the Duke of Richmond in 1745.
Scored stucco over stone, old slate roof. Three segmental headed doorways
with fanlights and modern doors. Three double sash windows on ground floor,
another 3 and a single sash above, all in plain stone architraves. Interior
of No 15 contains early C18 panelled room with moulded plaster cornice and
ornamented plaster/ceiling with Jacobean-type strapwork, with initials FMD and
Listing NGR: NY5170430348
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings