This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1426 / 54°8'33"N
Longitude: -1.5062 / 1°30'22"W
OS Eastings: 432352
OS Northings: 471977
OS Grid: SE323719
Mapcode National: GBR KNXJ.PR
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.T4XJ
Entry Name: Sharow Cross sharow Cross (National Trust)
Listing Date: 6 March 1967
Last Amended: 13 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149835
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330995
Location: Sharow, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Sharow
Built-Up Area: Sharow
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sharow with Copt Hewick and Marton-le-Moor
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 37 SW SHAROW DISHFORTH ROAD
2/73 Sharow Cross (formerly listed
as Sharow Cross (National Trust)).
Base and stump of sanctuary cross. Probably C13. Limestone block
approximately 80 x 60 centimetres and 30 centimetres high, with cross base
set into a cavity and surviving to height of approximately 40 centimetres.
The base stands on a stone foundation which is set into the ground. Now the
property of the National Trust, this is the only surviving remnant of 8
crosses marking the limits of the area of sanctuary within 1 mile of the
monastery founded by St Wilfred in 672.
Listing NGR: SE3235271977
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings