This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1654 / 52°9'55"N
Longitude: -2.2924 / 2°17'32"W
OS Eastings: 380093
OS Northings: 251948
OS Grid: SO800519
Mapcode National: GBR 0F3.96N
Mapcode Global: VH92S.6TYV
Entry Name: Old Farmhouse at Gilberts Farm
Listing Date: 9 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157592
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153320
Location: Bransford, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Bransford
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Leigh and Bransford
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
CHAPEL LANE (off)
Old Farmhouse at Gilbert's Farm
House. Medieval; remodelled and extended C16 and C17, extended and altered late C18/early C19 and altered late C19. Timber-framing and brick with tile roofs. Irregular plan. Two storeys. South front cased in C19 brick. To the right are two gabled bays, the right-hand one lower. They have windows with segmental heads and a door in the left-hand bay under a gabled porch. To the left is a lower range of brick in two builds. It has three windows on the first floor and two on the ground floor, the right-hand one enlarged in the C20. Door between ground-floor windows. Chimney to left and right and at junction between lower range and main house. At the rear the framing is exposed, the trusses of the two gables of the main house having collars and tie-beams. A parallel wing extends northwards from the lower range and has a similar truss, with vertical struts and with V -struts above the collar. Interior: the left-hand (west) room of the main house has deeply-chamfered exposed ceiling beams and a C18 cupboard framed by fluted pilasters with triglyphs. Two early staircases, one partly circa 1600, and other interior joinery. Deeply chamfered beams in hall. One pair of crucks visible on first floor. On the first floor the right-hand wing has a curved wind-brace, principal post, and cambered tie-beam exposed.
Listing NGR: SO8009451945
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings