This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7503 / 51°45'1"N
Longitude: -0.8041 / 0°48'14"W
OS Eastings: 482652
OS Northings: 206414
OS Grid: SP826064
Mapcode National: GBR D3Q.7JL
Mapcode Global: VHDVK.08RJ
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158922
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46325
Location: Great and Little Kimble cum Marsh, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP17
Civil Parish: Great and Little Kimble
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Kimble
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 80 NW GREAT AND LITTLE KIMBLE ELLESBOROUGH ROAD
2/55 Church of All Saints
Church. Originally C12, altered C14, restored 1876 by George Devey. Flint
and rubble stone with stone dressings; tiled roofs. Chamfered stone eaves,
part with chamfered plinth, off-set buttresses. Nave, chancel, early C14
N. and S. porches. W. end of nave has C19 bellcote with twin arches, and
3-light traceried window with C19 quatrefoil above. N.side has lancet in
W. bay, 2 2-light traceried windows, door in C19 arch and gabled porch
with moulded and chamfered 2-centred arch. S. side has small 2-light window
in W. bay, 2 2-light traceried windows with flat heads and carved head
stops to hoodmoulds, and similar porch. Chancel has 2-light traceried
window and off-side lancet to N., C19 cusped single light to S., and C19
3-light traceried E. window. All other windows are early-late C14, restored.
Interior: Double-chamfered chancel arch on semi-octagonal piers with moulded
caps. Moulded slightly ogee piscinae in S. walls of nave and chancel. Nave
roof restored C19 retaining C15-C16 shallow arched spandrels with blind tracery
panels. Fine series of early C14 wall paintings in nave with large figures
of St James, St Christopher, St George, St Lawrence and St Bernard (?), a
triptych of the Virgin and Child, and small high scenes of the martyrdoms
of St Margaret and St Catherine. Other figures of saints, including St
Francis, in N. window splays and on E. wall, all below painted canopies
with crockets. Other fittings include some good C14 floor tiles in chancel
with figures in roundels; an early tub font; pulpit and reading desk with
early C17 carved panels, and fragments of medieval stained glass in N. windows.
2 late C18 marble memorial tablets.
RCHMI p. 166-167 Mon. 5.
Listing NGR: SP8265206421
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings