This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6304 / 51°37'49"N
Longitude: -0.7511 / 0°45'4"W
OS Eastings: 486537
OS Northings: 193134
OS Grid: SU865931
Mapcode National: GBR D54.NX8
Mapcode Global: VHDW4.X8SZ
Entry Name: Priory House
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Last Amended: 28 June 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159687
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45971
Location: Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP13
Electoral Ward/Division: Abbey
Built-Up Area: High Wycombe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: High Wycombe All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
as The Priory)
SU 8693 SE 2/28 9.1.54.
Traditionally, but doubtfully, C14. Front C17 and main structure probably
mostly of that date with some C16 or late C15 timber framework behind.
Triple gabled of chequer red and grey brickwork with dentil parapet copings,
old tiled roof. Each outer gable has a Yorkshire attic casement window
with glazing bars. On 1st floor to left hand a group of 4 windows and
a similar group to right hand, all flush set sashes in architrave frames
under flat arches and grouped under brick moulded cornice strings. Ground
floor has 2 modern shop fronts with cornice. Late C18 back block of 3
storeys, with low pitched Welsh slate hipped roof. Interior has early
Priory House Annexe and Nos 1 to 7 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8653793138
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings