This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0591 / 51°3'32"N
Longitude: -1.3131 / 1°18'47"W
OS Eastings: 448232
OS Northings: 129083
OS Grid: SU482290
Mapcode National: GBR 861.JV1
Mapcode Global: FRA 864B.283
Entry Name: Pilgrims' School
Listing Date: 24 March 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167387
English Heritage Legacy ID: 144507
Location: Winchester, Hampshire, SO23
Electoral Ward/Division: St Michael
Built-Up Area: Winchester
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Winchester Cathedral
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
1833 THE CLOSE
SU 4829 SW 6/45 24.3.50.
Late C17- early C18, altered. Incorporates mediaeval work including part
of original Pilgrims' Hall. 2 storeys and attic and 2-storey wings. Red
bbrick walls. Old tile roof. Moulded modillion cornice. Central part
5 windows. Centre door with Tuscan porch. Fine rain water heads. Three
and four window wings. All windows sashes with glazing bars. Panelled
double doors. Two attic dormers. Staircase with twisted balusters.
All listed buildings in The Close form a group.
Listing NGR: SU4823429089
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings