This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7834 / 51°47'0"N
Longitude: 0.1325 / 0°7'56"E
OS Eastings: 547194
OS Northings: 211561
OS Grid: TL471115
Mapcode National: GBR LDJ.49M
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.7FWQ
Entry Name: Former George Hotel
Listing Date: 19 June 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169817
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119573
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM17
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Harlow
Built-Up Area: Harlow
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Harlow St Mary and St Hugh with St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 41 NW,
Former George Hotel
Circa 1800 hotel. Of plastered and painted brick, ashlar-marked. Of three
storeys and three bays, with long and short quoins second floor bands. Two
pairs of small paned sashes on second storey with blind central space.
Two pairs of matching sashes on first storey in eared stucco surrounds.
Name band in indented sans serif. Ground storey has a round-headed door
at centre between fluted pilasters. Windows left and right in heavy stucco
surrounds. Fore Street elevation a 3-storey 2-window matching range with
2-storeyed building to west, having a hipped and peg-tiled roof. Two pairs
of small paned sashes on first storey in stucco surrounds, and three small-paned
sashes on ground storey in Egyptian style stucco surrounds.
Listing NGR: TL4719411561
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings