This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5813 / 51°34'52"N
Longitude: 0.5405 / 0°32'25"E
OS Eastings: 576119
OS Northings: 189997
OS Grid: TQ761899
Mapcode National: GBR PMC.ZCS
Mapcode Global: VHJKW.BJ33
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 4 July 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1170845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 112381
Location: Bowers Gifford and North Benfleet, Basildon, Essex, SS12
Civil Parish: Bowers Gifford and North Benfleet
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Bowers Gifford with North Benfleet
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 79 SE 4/93
TQ 78 NE 7/93
NORTH BENFLEET HALL ROAD
Church of All Saints
A small random stone church of Cl3 (or earlier) origin but largely rebuilt
in the C17 and restored in the C19. The west tower was added in 1903
and encloses the heavy timber-framing with braces and trellis struts of
the earlier belfry. The north wall of the nave has a window of Norman
origin and there is a C16 brick window of 2 lights, with panel tracery.
The south porch is of the C16. There is a C13 square font with shallow
blank arcading on the sides.
Listing NGR: TQ7611989997
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings