This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1503 / 51°9'1"N
Longitude: -3.3717 / 3°22'18"W
OS Eastings: 304156
OS Northings: 139897
OS Grid: ST041398
Mapcode National: GBR LN.7ZL7
Mapcode Global: VH6GV.HCW1
Entry Name: St Pancras Chapel
Listing Date: 22 May 1969
Last Amended: 21 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1174197
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264835
Location: Old Cleeve, Somerset West and Taunton, Somerset, TA23
Civil Parish: Old Cleeve
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST03NW OLD CLEEVE CP
4/78 St Pancras Chapel
(formerly listed as St Pancras
Chapel, now cottage. C14 and C15, altered C17 and early C20. Red sandstone random rubble, plain tiled roof, stone
stacks gable ends. Plan: now 2 cell, originally one cell, perhaps originally extended East with a chancel. South front:
2 inserted hipped dormers wholly in the roof space, early C20 leaded casements as are all windows on facade, centre
below eaves small inserted casement lighting stair, groundfloor end bay left of centre, end bay right large casement;
left return squint wih 3-light ovolo moulded mullioned window above; lancet on rear elevation. Interior: steeply
chamfered beams with enriched stops, arch braced collar beam roof with remains of 2 tiers of curved wind braces. Known
as the Chapel of St Pancras, the holy well associated with it is still extant, some 10 metres to the South West (qv).
(Photographs in NMR; VCH Somerset, Vol 5, forthcoming).
Listing NGR: ST0415639897
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings