This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1145 / 51°6'52"N
Longitude: -1.4948 / 1°29'41"W
OS Eastings: 435455
OS Northings: 135145
OS Grid: SU354351
Mapcode National: GBR 73X.0WR
Mapcode Global: VHC3C.17LY
Entry Name: Stockbridge Antiques the Abbey National the Stockbridge Pharmacy trout Cottage
Listing Date: 27 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178416
English Heritage Legacy ID: 140379
Location: Stockbridge, Test Valley, Hampshire, SO20
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Stockbridge
Built-Up Area: Stockbridge
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Stockbridge St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 3535 STOCKBRIDGE STOCKBRIDGE
15/17 Trout Cottage, The Abbey
National, The Stockbridge
Pharmracy & Stockbridge
Cottage and row of shops. Mid and late C18 altered C19 and C20. Stuccoed
brick, old plain tile roofs. Trout Cottage mid C18 2 storey 2 x 2 bay
cottage with single storey bay to left, and to right taller 2 storey, 8 bay
building of shops. Trout Cottage has top-lit 6-flush panel door under flat hood,
to left 4-pane segmental head sash with stucco keystone, in left addition 4-pane
sash and on 1st floor 2 similar, that over door narrower. Roof hipped to left
with end stack. Left 4 bays of shops have pilaster each end and plain cornice
over ground floor. In left bays tall 2-light window and simple classical
doorcase with recessed door, to right C19 shop-front with recessed central door.
On 1st floor in left and 3rd left bays 4-pane sash, over door blind opening.
Right 4 bays have C19 shopfront to right of double doors and large 2-light
window in architrave, and lSt floor band with blind box over, sash over shop
front. To right half-glazed door with blind opening over and 2-storey canted
bay to right. Toothed eaves to hipped roof with stacks behind ridge.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU3549935143
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings