This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6723 / 51°40'20"N
Longitude: -0.9656 / 0°57'56"W
OS Eastings: 471629
OS Northings: 197563
OS Grid: SU716975
Mapcode National: GBR C34.2PG
Mapcode Global: VHDVV.67XC
Plus Code: 9C3XM2CM+WQ
Entry Name: The Old Rectory the Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Last Amended: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182271
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248949
Location: Lewknor, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX49
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Lewknor
Built-Up Area: Lewknor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Lewknor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LEWKNOR HIGH STREET
SU7197 (South side)
10/103 No.16 (The Old Vicarage and
18/07/63 The Old Rectory)
(Formerly listed as No.16
High Street (The Old Vicarage)
Rectory, now 2 dwellings. c.1730, extended in later C18 and c.1830/40.
Colourwashed brick front, sides of English bond brick. Gabled old tile roof;
brick end stacks include truncated right stack. Double-depth plan. Early
Georgian style. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical 5-window range with central
gable. Fine rusticated doorway: 6-panelled (2 glazed) door. Keyed segmental
arches over sashes and 2-light window in central gable. Mid C19 roof dormers.
Similar sashes with surrounds in left side wall. Later C18 two-storey extensions
to rear left, with 2-light leaded cross window to left. Mid C19 two-storey bay
to rear right. Interior: 6-panelled doors and shutters. Dog-leg stairs with
turned balusters. Panelled room to right: mid C19 fireplaces and Gothick iron
grates. Panelled room to left: first-floor left room has panelled dado, early
C18 fireplace and C18 window seats. Collar-truss roof.
(Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.684).
Listing NGR: SU7162997563
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings