This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3653 / 51°21'54"N
Longitude: -0.166 / 0°9'57"W
OS Eastings: 527775
OS Northings: 164507
OS Grid: TQ277645
Mapcode National: GBR DD.QV8
Mapcode Global: VHGRK.2YM8
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 16 March 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183473
English Heritage Legacy ID: 206716
Location: Sutton, London, SM5
Electoral Ward/Division: Carshalton Central
Built-Up Area: Sutton
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Carshalton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
The Old Rectory
TQ 2764 NE 18/58 16.3.54.
Circa 1700. 2 storeys, red brick with black brick headers. 4 sash windows in
cased frames. Tall basement storey with old leaded casement windows. Moulded
wood eaves cornice with tall old slate hipped roof, with 2 hipped roof leaded
casement dormers. Entrance to right of centre approached by flight of 10 splayed
stone steps with plain old iron rails. Doorcase with panelled architrave, carved
brackets and segmental pedimented hood. Panelled door with glazed top. Sun
Fire Insurance mark. Sides of similar general character, fenestration uneven.
The appearance of the front elevation is unspoiled, and the stream running to
the South considerably enhances the charm of its setting.
The Old Rectory forms a group with the Water Pavillion to Carshalton House, with
the boundary wall to Carshalton House in West Street, with Nos 2 to 12 and 18
to 24 (even) West Street, and with Nos 3 to 11 (odd) West Street and No 15
Listing NGR: TQ2777564507
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings