This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7528 / 51°45'10"N
Longitude: -1.251 / 1°15'3"W
OS Eastings: 451796
OS Northings: 206280
OS Grid: SP517062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.2JS
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.86GM
Entry Name: The Queens College, South Range
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245092
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
THE QUEEN'S COLLEGE
SP 5106 SE 9/355A 12.1.54.
Screen and cupola 1733-35 designed by Hawksmoor, built by Townesend, and
Benjamain Franklin, the carpenter. Statue of Queen Caroline over gateway
and statues over East pediment by Henry Cheeve, all in Portland stone. The
cupola rebuilt in portland stone, 1909.
Listing NGR: SP5179506279
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings