This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5415 / 51°32'29"N
Longitude: -1.9054 / 1°54'19"W
OS Eastings: 406658
OS Northings: 182517
OS Grid: SU066825
Mapcode National: GBR 3T4.C2S
Mapcode Global: VHB3J.XJK4
Entry Name: 26 and 26a, High Street
Listing Date: 17 January 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184054
English Heritage Legacy ID: 316808
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, SN4
Civil Parish: Royal Wootton Bassett
Built-Up Area: Wootton Bassett
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wootton Bassett St Bartholomew and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 08 SE WOOTTON BASSETT HIGH STREET
(north west side)
11/126 Nos. 26 and 26a
Corner shop, C16-C17 and late C18, diaper brickwork with brick
dentilled eaves on stone sill. Hipped tiled roof sprocketed to
rear. 2 storey 2 bays, door to left, 5-panelled, upper panels
glazed. Plain bracketed hood. Ground floor shopfront splayed at
corner, with columns. Upper floor 9-pane sashes with flat brick
arches. Return to Wood Street also 2 bay with sashes, ground floor
long splayed shopfront c1900. Rear sashes 16-pane. Block at rear
with central 4- flue brick stack.
Interior with moulded ceiling and dragon beams.
Formerly the King of Prussia Public House.
Listing NGR: SU0665582516
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings