History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Home Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Leatherhead, Surrey

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 51.2924 / 51°17'32"N

Longitude: -0.3565 / 0°21'23"W

OS Eastings: 514693

OS Northings: 156086

OS Grid: TQ146560

Mapcode National: GBR 5V.JS6

Mapcode Global: VHFVC.RSW4

Entry Name: Home Farmhouse

Listing Date: 7 September 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1188820

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290444

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT22

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Fetcham West

Built-Up Area: Leatherhead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Fetcham

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

TQ/15/NW (west side)
Home Farmhouse


Farmhouse, now house. c.1700, altered and enlarged. Brick, now painted white,
red tile roof. Shallow double-depth plan with large lean-to extension to the rear.
Two storeys and 3 bays, with cellar and attic; symmetrical; the central doorway
(up 6 steps protected by simple wrought-iron bar railings with handrails curved
outwards at the bottom) has a moulded cornice on brackets, a wooden doorcase,
and a pegged panelled door with 3 glazed panels at the top; on either side are 2
segmental-headed cellar windows (that immediately left of the steps now
blocked); and the windows on the principal floors are all 16-pane unhorned sashes
with exposed boxes, those at ground floor with segmental heads. The roof has 2
flat-roofed dormers with 2-light casements. Both gable walls have very large
external chimney stacks, that to the left with a sashed window inserted towards
the rear at ground floor, and that to the right with the gable-line of a granary
formerly attached at this end. The rear has inter alia some segmental-headed
windows, and a very obtrusive flat-roofed "dormer" rising from the eaves to the
right of the centre (over the head of the staircase). Interior: former entrance
hall between the 2 principal ground floor rooms, with a timber-framed partition
on the left, but the former partition on the right now removed; to the rear of
the right-hand room, a shallow former kitchen with a cross-corner fireplace, and
high in the rear wall 3 long timber pads of unknown purpose. Before removal of
part of the partition wall to the rear of the left room, the shallow space on this
side was divided between a small office in the rear corner, and the staircase;
this is doglegged, winding round a newel post, and has a closed string, turned
balusters, and moulded handrail Strap and H-L hinges on some doors; 4-room
cellar, 3 with barrel-vault ceilings; 2-span collar-rafter roof with some
carpenter's marks.

Listing NGR: TQ1469356086

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.