This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6687 / 51°40'7"N
Longitude: -1.2824 / 1°16'56"W
OS Eastings: 449724
OS Northings: 196904
OS Grid: SU497969
Mapcode National: GBR 7YR.6MF
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.QBF3
Entry Name: 43 and 45, East St Helen Street
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199418
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250341
Location: Abingdon on Thames, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Abingdon on Thames
Built-Up Area: Abingdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abingdon-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
752 EAST ST HELEN STREET
(North West Side)
SU 4996 1/214 19.1.51 Nos. 43 and 45
One building. Early C19 front. Stucco. Three storeys. Three great
Doric pilasters, one in centre, flank two windows flat arch with
keystone, double hung sash, glazing bars; band continues cills. On
first floor, two flat arched windows, the heads of which are contained
in moulded arches with keystones on impost bands. Wood cornice between
ground and first floor.
No.45 has moulded cornice on carved brackets. Two windows in moulded
flush francs on ground floor, double hung sashes with glazing bars.
Two six panel doors flanked by fluted pilasters with roundels,
rectangular fanlight. Foot scraper.
Nos. 43 to 6l (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU4972496907
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings