This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7507 / 51°45'2"N
Longitude: -1.2517 / 1°15'6"W
OS Eastings: 451755
OS Northings: 206040
OS Grid: SP517060
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.8BZ
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.8848
Entry Name: Merton College, Fellows Quadrangle
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200042
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245018
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 SE 9/480J 12.1.54.
Built 1608-10 in Headington stone, John Acroyd of Halifax being chief mason
and Thomas Holt, carpenter. Battlements added 1622. The SCR in West range
made 1671; it contains panelling and fireplace of 1680. In North face of
South range is a notable centrepiece of the 4 orders. The whole quad partly
restored. The interiors contain some C18 panelling. The Kitchen and Buttery
are at North end of West range. Alterations 1960-2.
Listing NGR: SP5174106035
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings