This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3667 / 52°22'0"N
Longitude: -2.7171 / 2°43'1"W
OS Eastings: 351272
OS Northings: 274535
OS Grid: SO512745
Mapcode National: GBR BK.S5S6
Mapcode Global: VH843.VSG2
Plus Code: 9C4V978M+M5
Entry Name: Garth House the Lodge
Listing Date: 15 April 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1202834
English Heritage Legacy ID: 389729
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8
Civil Parish: Ludlow
Built-Up Area: Ludlow
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Ludlow St Laurence
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO5174 BRAND LANE
825-1/1/107 (North side)
15/04/54 Nos.16 AND 17
Garth House (16) and The Lodge (17)
House,now 2 houses. C18. Painted brick; plain tile roof.
Central staircase plan. 2-storeys, attic and cellar; 5-window
range: 6/6 sashes in moulded cases with cambered heads, under
gauged brick segmental arches; storey band; moulded wood eaves
with boarded soffit. 3 dormers with early C20, 3/3 sashes in
moulded cases. Central 6-panel door and blocked overlight, in
moulded case; flanked by 6/6 sashes; stone sills throughout.
Left gable shows rubble to eaves level. Right gable of painted
brick with storey band at 1st floor level. 2-storey wing to
rear with continued storey band, has two 2/2 sashes, with
early C20, 3 tier canted bay with imitation timber-frame
superstructure, and early C20 dormer with 3/3 sash. Further
wing with single storey rubble addition.
Listing NGR: SO5127274535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings