This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6309 / 52°37'51"N
Longitude: 1.3004 / 1°18'1"E
OS Eastings: 623446
OS Northings: 308801
OS Grid: TG234088
Mapcode National: GBR WB2.SB
Mapcode Global: WHMTM.Y4DD
Plus Code: 9F43J8J2+95
Entry Name: 67a, 67b, 67c and 68, the Close
Listing Date: 26 February 1954
Last Amended: 8 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1206435
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228974
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, NR1
Electoral Ward/Division: Thorpe Hamlet
Built-Up Area: Norwich
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
TG 2308 NW THE CLOSE
26.2.54 Nos. 67A, 67B, 67C and 68
(formerly listed as 67, 67A and 68)
Formerly the Organist's House, now divided into school building and houses.
C15, with Cl7 alterations and extensions. Flint with brick and stone dressings.
Low-pitch lead roof. 2 storeys. No. 67A and 67B:- Left-hand off-centre door
with C19 brick reveal. One 3-light and one single-light window to left of door.
2 widely spaced first floor stone windows, each 3-light with cusped arches
inside square frame. No. 67C:- Symmetrical off-centre facade with one 2-light
stone window to first floor right. 3 bays. Cap central door with brick reveals.
Sash windows throughout with glazing bars and rubbed brick segmental arches.
Blocked stair window at extreme right. No. 68:- Scattered fenestration of sash
and casement windows. Left-hand off-centre doorway with pilasters with top
triglyph and reeded architrave in single storey projecting bay with crenellated
parapet. Lamp-bracket above door. Rear left-hand extension to No. 68:- C19
Flint faced with brick bands and quoins. 2 storey plus semi-basement. Sash
windows throughout. Re-used cusped arch at basement level. Re-used moulded
2-centre arch in the wall left of No. 68.
Listing NGR: TG2344608801
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings