This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1498 / 53°8'59"N
Longitude: -1.1822 / 1°10'55"W
OS Eastings: 454790
OS Northings: 361713
OS Grid: SK547617
Mapcode National: GBR 8F6.FYB
Mapcode Global: WHDFZ.T375
Plus Code: 9C5W4RX9+W4
Entry Name: Bath Mill
Listing Date: 18 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1207153
English Heritage Legacy ID: 391660
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18
Electoral Ward/Division: Carr Bank
Built-Up Area: Mansfield
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Mansfield St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5461 BATH LANE
924-1/6/4 (North side (off))
18/04/86 Bath Mill
Also known as: Goldie's Mill BATH LANE.
Former water powered textile mill, now disused and partly
converted to flats. 1822-31, converted and extended c1880,
with late C20 alterations. For Richard Hardwick.
Coursed squared rubble with stone dressings and slate roofs.
External square brick factory chimney stack at the north west
4 storeys plus garrets, 3 and 2 storeys; 20-window range.
Windows are mainly 20-pane cast-iron glazing bar casements.
Main block has on the west side 11 windows on each floor
arranged 1:10. Some ground-floor windows blocked. Left gable
has blank first floor and above, 3 blanks with smaller window
inserted between the left pair. Above again, central window
flanked by single blanks. Single central window to garret.
Below, 2 windows to left, and door to right.
2-storey central block has 6 windows, the 2nd and 5th blocked,
the 6th boarded. Below, off-centre cart entrance with wooden
lintel, flanked to left by single window with basement opening
below it, and to right by 2 windows. To left, a gabled
3-storey staircase projection with single windows on the upper
floors and below, to right, a late C20 door. To right, a gable
with 2 late C20 windows and below, 2 casements flanked by
single doors. Rear elevation has similar fenestration.
INTERIOR has king post truss roof.
Built originally for the making of cotton and lace thread,
later converted to cotton doubling. Converted c1880 by W
Goldie & Co., for use as a hosiery mill. In use until c1984.
(Smith D: Industrial Archaeology of the East Midlands: 1965-).
Listing NGR: SK5479061713
Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.
Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings