History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

1b, Queen Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Lancaster, Lancashire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.046 / 54°2'45"N

Longitude: -2.8014 / 2°48'5"W

OS Eastings: 347622

OS Northings: 461407

OS Grid: SD476614

Mapcode National: GBR 8PWN.9D

Mapcode Global: WH846.YK5N

Entry Name: 1b, Queen Street

Listing Date: 13 March 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1212558

English Heritage Legacy ID: 383270

Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Town: Lancaster

Electoral Ward/Division: Castle

Built-Up Area: Lancaster

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Thomas

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Lancaster

Listing Text


LANCASTER

SD4761SE QUEEN STREET
1685-1/8/238 (East side)
No.1B

GV II

Former coach house to No.1 (qv), now office. Mid C18, altered
C20. Sandstone ashlar in narrow courses on the front with
coursed rubble, partly rendered to the sides and rear, and a
slate roof. Rectangular plan at right angles to the street,
with a chimney stack on the left-hand wall. Street front, 2
storeys and one bay with chamfered quoins. The entrance to the
coach house is centrally placed and has plain jambs and a
segmental arch; directly above this is a C20 casement window,
with a blocked owl hole with quadrant keystones in the gable.
To the left is a slightly later single-storey extension with a
single plain sash. Its roof runs as a catslide from the roof
of the coach house, though it is hipped to the front. Included
for group value.


Listing NGR: SD4762261407

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


LANCASTER

SD4761SE QUEEN STREET
1685-1/8/238 (East side)
No.1B

GV II

Former coach house to No.1 (qv), now office. Mid C18, altered
C20. Sandstone ashlar in narrow courses on the front with
coursed rubble, partly rendered to the sides and rear, and a
slate roof. Rectangular plan at right angles to the street,
with a chimney stack on the left-hand wall. Street front, 2
storeys and one bay with chamfered quoins. The entrance to the
coach house is centrally placed and has plain jambs and a
segmental arch; directly above this is a C20 casement window,
with a blocked owl hole with quadrant keystones in the gable.
To the left is a slightly later single-storey extension with a
single plain sash. Its roof runs as a catslide from the roof
of the coach house, though it is hipped to the front. Included
for group value.


Listing NGR: SD4762261407

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.