This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.2673 / 50°16'2"N
Longitude: -4.9125 / 4°54'45"W
OS Eastings: 192534
OS Northings: 44873
OS Grid: SW925448
Mapcode National: GBR ZP.V8VR
Mapcode Global: FRA 08LB.9YM
Entry Name: Congregational Church and Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 30 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1219106
English Heritage Legacy ID: 62925
Location: Tregoney, Cornwall, TR2
Civil Parish: Tregoney
Built-Up Area: Tregony
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Tregony with St Cuby
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 94 SW TREGONY FORE STREET (south-east side)
5/96 Congregational Church and
- boundary wall
Independent chapel and boundary walls, gate piers and gates. Plaque dated 1824 and
1876. Slatestone rubble with granite dressings and low pitched roof with gable
ends. Gothic features in Classical arrangement. Symmetrical, rectangular plan with
later lean-to extensions. Entrance front facing street has central entrance in
pointed arched opening with original double doors and blind fanlight with
intersecting glazing bars. Small circular wheel window over flanked by original
small paned sashes with intersecting glazing bars within pointed arched openings.
Gable is in the form of a classical pediment enclosed by string and coping with 3
plain pinnacles over acroteria. Small oval central daated tablet. Each side wall
has 2 pointed arched windows with marginal glazing probably 1876 within pointed
Interior has pine pews to sides and middle approached by 2 inner entrances. Plain
panelled backs may be of 1876. Pulpit is approached by a short flight of steps to
each side and has Gothic frontal panels. Organ was removed from chapel in Grampound
was installed here in 1971. Gallery on 3 sides is supported on wooden pillars
painted to simulate marble and Gothic panelled front is cantilevered out on shaped
wooden brackets. Chamfered balusters to both gallery stairs, pulpit stairs and to
the gallery pew backs by windows to admit more light. Rubble boundary wall has
entrance to street with pair of square granite gate post with pyramidal caps.
Wrought iron gates have diagonal crosses to bottom rail and circles to lock rail
with curved top rails forming arch.
Listing NGR: SW9250944875
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings