This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2463 / 53°14'46"N
Longitude: -1.1484 / 1°8'54"W
OS Eastings: 456925
OS Northings: 372477
OS Grid: SK569724
Mapcode National: GBR NZFX.50
Mapcode Global: WHDFF.BNDP
Entry Name: Bunkers Hill Lodge and Attached Gateway
Listing Date: 12 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1223953
English Heritage Legacy ID: 419885
Location: Norton and Cuckney, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, NG20
Civil Parish: Norton and Cuckney
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Norton Cuckney
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 57 SE NORTON BUNKERS HILL LANE
8/125 Bunkers Hill Lodge
Lodge. c.1860. Ashlar with slightly projecting quoins.
Decorative tiled roof with 4 pairs of Tudor style ashlar stacks.
Decorative bargeboards each with single finial and pendant. Set
on a plinth. 2 storeys, 3 bays. The central bay projects on the
first floor and is supported below on the cast iron columns of
the arcaded porch, which has a single segmental central arch
flanked by single pointed arches. Above is a cast iron modillion
cornice. Central doorway with panelled door and chamfered stone
surround. Flanked by single projecting windows each with
tripartite stone transom and mullion glazing bar casement. Above
are 3 similar, smaller casements. The central one with Tudor
style hood mould. The outer 2 each break into the eaves and are
gabled with bargeboard, finial and pendant. Both gables have a
single similar bay and a single similar casement above. The rear
corresponds to the front, the door however is double and part
glazed with glazing bars. All windows have stone surrounds.
Those on the first floor have feature voussoirs. Gates, screens,
piers and wall. Dated 1873. Cast and wrought iron and ashlar.
Double iron gate with decorative fret work and a band of the
family shield running along the base, each shield dated 1873.
Flanked by single hollow iron piers with decorative fret work
topped with iron coping and the family crest. Further flanked by
single iron screens, similarly decorated to the gate and half
piers decorated as before, but without the crest. To the left is
a single coped ashlar pier on a plinth with coped ashlar receding
wall, also on a plinth. Running from pier onto wall is a
decorative ashlar scroll.
Listing NGR: SK5692572477
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings