This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7087 / 53°42'31"N
Longitude: -2.1148 / 2°6'53"W
OS Eastings: 392520
OS Northings: 423590
OS Grid: SD925235
Mapcode National: GBR FTNK.Y8
Mapcode Global: WHB8K.H15P
Entry Name: Two Standing Stones to North and South of Lane Between Stones Grange Farn and Stones Farm at Ngr Sd 92522359 and Ngr 92252380
Listing Date: 22 February 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1230971
English Heritage Legacy ID: 405989
Location: Todmorden, Calderdale, OL14
Civil Parish: Todmorden
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Todmorden St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SD 92SW TODMORDEN (former M.B.) STONES LANE
5/294 2 standing stones to north and
south of lane between
Stones Grange Farm and
Stones Farm at NGR SD 92522359
and NGR 92252380
2 standing stones of indeterminate date, but possibly prehistoric.
Rough hewn, square in section. That to north is approximately 12' in height
that to south is smaller and more pointed. These stones undoubtedly gave the
area its name. Nearby there is Stones house (q.v.). The earliest record is in
the time of Henry III (1216 - 1272) for a Henry de Stones.
Listing NGR: SD9252023590
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings