This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9827 / 52°58'57"N
Longitude: -0.9695 / 0°58'10"W
OS Eastings: 469280
OS Northings: 343309
OS Grid: SK692433
Mapcode National: GBR BL8.1PY
Mapcode Global: WHFJ0.29L8
Plus Code: 9C4XX2MJ+35
Entry Name: The Old Hall and Attached Outbuilding and Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 12 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243772
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448061
Location: East Bridgford, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13
Civil Parish: East Bridgford
Built-Up Area: East Bridgford
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: East Bridgford
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
EAST BRIDGFORD KNEETON ROAD
(south east side)
11/56 No.10, (The Old Hall)
and attached out-
12.2.52 buildings and
Country house. Early C18. Additions to north west early C19.
Additions to south east c,1900. Brick with hipped and gabled
plain tile roof. First floor band, cogged and dentillated eaves,
coped gables with kneelers. 3 ridge and 2 gable stacks. 2
storeys plus attics, 5 plus 2 bays. Square plan plus wing to
south. Windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick heads.
Casements in south wing have segmental heads. Main south front
has to left, single storey, single bay addition, C19, with coped
parapet. Off-centre half-round steps to Classical doorcase with
door with Gothick tracery. Flanked to left by 3 and to right by
2 sashes. South wing, to right, has panelled door with overlight
and segmental head, and beyond, a cross mullioned casement.
Above, 5 sashes, and to right, 2 cross mullioned casements.
Above again, to left, 3 hipped dormers with casements. Double
gabled south wing has a casement in return angle. East side has
to left, link to single storey outbuilding. To its right, 2
casements with segmental heads. To right again, lean-to
outbuilding with C20 glazing. To right again, door flanked to
left by sash, both with segmental heads. To right, round headed
stair light with Gothick tracery. To right again early C19 bow
fronted single storey addition, rendered, with flat coped parapet
and bowed triple sash with reeded pilasters. Above, to left, 2
casements and to right, 3 sashes, all with segmental heads.
Similar sash in return angle. Above again, gabled dormer with
leaded casement. Adjoining single storey brick outbuilding, 3
bays, has hipped and gabled pantile roof. To north, close
boarded door and 2 casements. Interior has C18 dogleg staircase
in square well with panelled dado, vase and stem balusters,
moulded ramped and scrolled handrail, turned newels and
ornamented string. Several early C19 4-panel doors with original
fittings. Outside, to south east, adjoining brick boundary wall,
C18, with brick coping. Gateway with segmental head and
spearhead iron gate. Approx. 25M long.
Listing NGR: SK6928043309
Other nearby listed buildings