History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

6, 7 and 8, Row 111

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6038 / 52°36'13"N

Longitude: 1.727 / 1°43'37"E

OS Eastings: 652458

OS Northings: 307193

OS Grid: TG524071

Mapcode National: GBR YQY.RG2

Mapcode Global: WHNVZ.HTL7

Entry Name: 6, 7 and 8, Row 111

Listing Date: 26 February 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245916

English Heritage Legacy ID: 468603

Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30

County: Norfolk

District: Great Yarmouth

Town: Great Yarmouth

Electoral Ward/Division: Nelson

Built-Up Area: Great Yarmouth

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Great Yarmouth

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Gorleston-on-Sea

Listing Text


GREAT YARMOUTH

TG5207SW ROW 111
839-1/15/155 (North West side)
Nos.6, 7 AND 8

GV II

House, converted to tenements C19, roof and upper part damaged
by bombing 8 April 1942; now used as a museum. Early C17 house
extended to the south in the late C17, when the east wing was
added. Knapped flint and brick. Plain-tiled roofs. 2 storeys
and dormer attic; 4-window range. West front has a central
west door in a bolection-moulded doorcase flanked by 2 sashes
and replica 2-light cross casements each side. 4 similar
first-floor windows. Gabled roof with 2 sloping dormers fitted
with C20 casements. Internal gable-end stack to north with a
single octagonal flue, truncated. Truncated ridge stack right
of centre.
INTERIOR: bridging beams with sunk quadrant mouldings are
normal. North ground-floor room with C18 large-framed
panelling. First floor east window with a king mullion.
Scheduled Ancient Monument.

Listing NGR: TG5245807193

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


GREAT YARMOUTH

TG5207SW ROW 111
839-1/15/155 (North West side)
Nos.6, 7 AND 8

GV II

House, converted to tenements C19, roof and upper part damaged
by bombing 8 April 1942; now used as a museum. Early C17 house
extended to the south in the late C17, when the east wing was
added. Knapped flint and brick. Plain-tiled roofs. 2 storeys
and dormer attic; 4-window range. West front has a central
west door in a bolection-moulded doorcase flanked by 2 sashes
and replica 2-light cross casements each side. 4 similar
first-floor windows. Gabled roof with 2 sloping dormers fitted
with C20 casements. Internal gable-end stack to north with a
single octagonal flue, truncated. Truncated ridge stack right
of centre.
INTERIOR: bridging beams with sunk quadrant mouldings are
normal. North ground-floor room with C18 large-framed
panelling. First floor east window with a king mullion.
Scheduled Ancient Monument.

Listing NGR: TG5245807193

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.