History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lloyds Bank

A Grade II Listed Building in Rugby, Warwickshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3732 / 52°22'23"N

Longitude: -1.2608 / 1°15'38"W

OS Eastings: 450424

OS Northings: 275269

OS Grid: SP504752

Mapcode National: GBR 8QL.626

Mapcode Global: VHCTR.3MB3

Entry Name: Lloyds Bank

Listing Date: 12 November 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1249998

English Heritage Legacy ID: 432228

Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21

County: Warwickshire

District: Rugby

Town: Rugby

Electoral Ward/Division: Benn

Built-Up Area: Rugby

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Rugby St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Rugby

Listing Text

The following buildings shall be included:

RUGBY CHURCH STREET
SP 5075 SW
1/61 No 14 (Lloyds Bank)

II GV


Bank. Dated 1904, extended in late C20. Portland stone. Slate roofs. Plan:
corner site with entrance on corner into banking hall which occupies most of the
ground floor. North wing facing Regent Street extended later in C20. Edwardian
Baroque. Two storeys and attic. Asymmetrical elevations. Tall ground floor with
rusticated pilasters and Gibbs surround to round arch entrance in splayed corner,
with oriel above on first floor, surmounted by octagonal corner turret with pairs of
Tuscan columns alternating with round arch windows and with dome above. Right hand
(south) elevation 3:2 bays; left hand (west) elevation 1:2 bays, the end bays of
both elevations have elaborate Dutch gables with octagonal turrets, the west
elevation with large first floor oriel. Stone cross-mullion transom windows with
ornate pilasters between on the first floor and modillion cornice, parapet and
pilastered rind pedimented wooden dormers above. The aedicules at the top of the end
gables have small carved panels depicting bee skeps. The west wing has shield with
dates 1765 and 1904; extended on left in later C20.


Listing NGR: SP5042475269

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.