This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8246 / 50°49'28"N
Longitude: -0.3932 / 0°23'35"W
OS Eastings: 513272
OS Northings: 104010
OS Grid: TQ132040
Mapcode National: GBR HMG.9D7
Mapcode Global: FRA B62X.DN6
Entry Name: The Old Palace
Listing Date: 11 October 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1250618
English Heritage Legacy ID: 433051
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, BN14
County: West Sussex
Electoral Ward/Division: Tarring
Built-Up Area: Worthing
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: West Tarring St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
The Old Palace
TQ 1304 SW 15/58 11.10.49.
Remains of a C13 house with C15 hall, built on the site of Archbishop Becket's
Palace. Converted into the Rectory at the Reformation and since the erection of
the modern Rectory used as the Parish Hall. T-shaped flint and rubble building
with stone quoins and frames to windows and doors. Gable at east end. South
and west sides have buttresses. C15 2-light cinquefoil headed windows with stone
mullions and transoms. C13 lancet window in south wing. Horsham stone slate
roof, the upper portion renewed with red tiles.
Listing NGR: TQ1327204010
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings