History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Warrenmere

A Grade II Listed Building in Thursley, Surrey

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1591 / 51°9'32"N

Longitude: -0.687 / 0°41'13"W

OS Eastings: 491913

OS Northings: 140806

OS Grid: SU919408

Mapcode National: GBR FDC.74R

Mapcode Global: VHFVZ.14N7

Plus Code: 9C3X5857+M5

Entry Name: Warrenmere

Listing Date: 3 May 1973

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1260848

English Heritage Legacy ID: 439323

Location: Thursley, Waverley, Surrey, GU8

County: Surrey

Civil Parish: Thursley

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Thursley

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Puttenham

Description

SU 94 SW
3/216
3/5/73

THURSLEY C.P.
PORTSMOUTH ROAD
Warrenmere

II

House. 1896-7 built by Sir E. Lutyens, extended in 1909 by Lutyens for
Lord Stamfordham. Red and brown brick below, tile hung above with hipped and half-
hipped plain tiled roofs, some with gablets. Long "E" shaped range to rear centre
and left with half-hipped projecting wing to centre in front and further wing to
right. Two storeys, single storey service range to left. Square corbelled stacks
to left side of right hand wing, and further stacks to rear centre and left. Half-
hipped wing to right. Three casement windows across the first floor under
continuous tile drip course. Tile hanging swept out over ground floor below.
Angle bay window to right under hipped roof. Half-hipped end to rear range adjacent
to wing and set back between front hipped range. One first floor casement under
tiled pent course and one ground floor window in end wing. One 3-light casement
under eaves of projecting wing; tile hanging swept out over open ground floor on
four square wooden pillars. Single storey brick range to left with angle bay
projecting under hipped roof. Four-light window to the other side of a projecting
wall. Single storey L-shaped wing with hipped roofs, end wing projecting to left
with tall stack. Main entrance to ground floor of hipped wing behind four pillars.
Originally set in Gertrude Jekyll garden.

PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) ADDENDA p.600.

Listing NGR: SU9191340806

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.