This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.4933 / 51°29'35"N
Longitude: -0.0336 / 0°2'0"W
OS Eastings: 536610
OS Northings: 178980
OS Grid: TQ366789
Mapcode National: GBR K5.N6W
Mapcode Global: VHGR1.CQMM
Plus Code: 9C3XFXV8+8H
Entry Name: Parish Boundary Stone, Wall and Pier
Listing Date: 27 June 1979
Last Amended: 9 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1262106
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203438
Location: Southwark, London, SE16
Electoral Ward/Division: Surrey Docks
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Deptford St Nicholas and St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
In the entry for:
PLOUGH WAY SE16
(North End, West Side)
Parish boundary stone, wall and pier, in perimeter wall of South Cut Yard
The address and description shall be amended to read:
ST GEORGE'S WHARF
(west side, north end)
Parish boundary stone, wall and pier.
Boundary stone. Dated 1819. Portland stone pier, with moulded plinth and cornice.
Inscription panels divided by central dividing groove: St/MR/1819/1877/1886 and
a bench mark below are inscribed in panel to right; panel to left inscribed
St/PD/1819. This marks the boundary between the parishes of St. Mary Rotherhithe
and St Paul Deptford, as set out in 1819 and ratified in 1877 and 1886. Subsidiary
features: early C19 wall of Flemish bond brick with moulded Portland stone coping
slightly ramped up to boundary stone; this wall, approx 5.9m long, links boundary
stone with similar plain stone, having worn bench mark, at other end.
PLOUGH WAY SE16
(North end, West Side) Parish boundary stone, wall and pier, in perimeter wall of South Cut Yard
1819. Portland stone pier about 3'6" tall and 2' wide with moulded cornice. Central
dividing groove. Inscriptions: in north half: SMR 1819 1877 1886 and a bench mark
below. In south half: SPD 1819. This marks the boundary between the parishes of
St Mary Rotherhithe and St Paul Deptford, as set out in 1819 and ratified in 1877 and 1886.
Adjoning to south a nine-yard length of low stock brick wall with moulded Portland stone
coping slightly ramped up to the stone. At South end of wall a pier similar to the
boundary stone but bearing only a blurred bench mark.
Listing NGR: TQ3668478999
Other nearby listed buildings