This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1603 / 53°9'37"N
Longitude: -1.2071 / 1°12'25"W
OS Eastings: 453111
OS Northings: 362872
OS Grid: SK531628
Mapcode National: GBR 8DZ.TXX
Mapcode Global: WHDFS.FTDL
Entry Name: Debdale Hall
Listing Date: 22 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1262575
English Heritage Legacy ID: 434686
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19
Electoral Ward/Division: Sherwood
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Mansfield Woodhouse
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE off DEBDALE LANE
SK 56 SW
3/35 Debdale Hall
Country house, now Old People's Home. c.1730 and c.1830.
Ashlar. Partly rendered. Hipped slate roof. Ashlar dressings.
Plinth, parapet, sills, moulded eaves, coped pediment. Single
gable and ridge stacks, 2 side wall stacks, 3 roof stacks. 2
storeys, 6 bays wide by 7 bays deep. Square plan. Windows are
mostly glazing bar sashes, some to ground floor have panelled
aprons. South front has to left, 2 storey canted, hipped bay
window with 3 sashes. To its right, a sash and portico with 2
Doric columns, flat roof, and single glazing bar light each side.
Half glazed C19 door with fanlight. To right, a sash. Above, 6
sashes. Pedimented east front has projecting central bay.
Central sash flanked by 2 plain sashes. Above,similar
fenestration. Above again, oval window in pediment. To right,
rear addition, 2 storeys, 2 bays, has a sash, blocked door and
blocked window. Above, 2 sashes. West front has narrow central
recess between flanking wings. North wing has to west, door with
glazing bar over light. Above, blocked opening flanked by single
sashes. Adjoining single storey lean-to outbuilding, brick with
slate roof, is of no special interest. North wing has to south,
a barred Yorkshire sash. To its right, C20 Yorkshire sash and
door with overlight. Above, to right, a Yorkshire sash and a
casement. South wing has, to north, a sash to left, and to its
right, a casement, a blocked doorway and to right again, 2
casements and a Yorkshire sash. Above, 3 sashes and a casement.
To west, parapeted rendered porch with 2 sashes in moulded
architraves. To its left, hipped bay window with 6 casements.
To its right, a sash. Above, 3 glazing bar sashes. Adjoining
outbuildings are of no special interest. North front has
projecting single bay wing to west. To left, triple sash and a
plain sash. To right, blocked opening and a Yorkshire sash.
Above, a casement and a sash. Return angle has, above, a sash.
Interior has early C19 cantilevered stone dogleg stair with
intermediate landing. Scrolled handrail, decorated wrought iron
newels and balusters, some with scroll brackets. Landing has
round headed recess. Ground floor has 2 panelled Classical
doorcases with fanlights, one blocked. 2 C19 doors. Moulded and
foliate plaster cornices. 6 C18 doors.
Listing NGR: SK5311162872
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings