History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cavalry Brigade Veterinary Lines East Ward North Stable Range

A Grade II Listed Building in Aldershot, Hampshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2496 / 51°14'58"N

Longitude: -0.773 / 0°46'22"W

OS Eastings: 485732

OS Northings: 150766

OS Grid: SU857507

Mapcode National: GBR D9R.PD3

Mapcode Global: VHDXW.KV6D

Entry Name: Cavalry Brigade Veterinary Lines East Ward North Stable Range

Listing Date: 10 August 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1263951

English Heritage Legacy ID: 429131

Location: Rushmoor, Hampshire, GU11

County: Hampshire

District: Rushmoor

Town: Rushmoor

Electoral Ward/Division: Rowhill

Built-Up Area: Aldershot

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Aldershot St Michael the Archangel

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Aldershot

Listing Text

The following building shall be added:-

ALDERSHOT
ALEXANDRA ROAD
SU85SE
991-0/2/10013 Cavalry Brigade Veterinary Lines:
East Ward, North Stable Range

GV II
Military veterinary stables. 1865. English bond stock brick. Welsh slate roof with gabled ends.
Long rectangular single-storey 18-bay range, the front set back behind a colonnade of thin
cast-iron columns; the right-hand eight bays breaks forward, but is also behind the colonnade.
Segmental-headed doorways with large cast-iron overlights with glazing bars and plank doors;
to the right segmental-headed windows with cast-iron frames with glazing bars. The ends have
pedimental gables with brick modillions and recessed panels. Similar panels and brick modillion
eaves at rear. INTERIOR: King-post roof structure. The stables have stall partitions and
cast-iron post supports and fittings. The Cavalry Brigade Veterinary Lines were built in 1865
at the Cavalry Barracks at Aldershot, which were built in 1854-9, as a result of the Crimean
War. All that remain are the 1854-9 Riding School [qv] and these Veterinary Lines.


Listing NGR: SU8596151712

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.