History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

West Lodge at Bestwood Pumping Station

A Grade II Listed Building in Bestwood St. Albans, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0289 / 53°1'43"N

Longitude: -1.1375 / 1°8'14"W

OS Eastings: 457942

OS Northings: 348300

OS Grid: SK579483

Mapcode National: GBR 8GT.189

Mapcode Global: WHDGL.H4KB

Entry Name: West Lodge at Bestwood Pumping Station

Listing Date: 27 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1265372

English Heritage Legacy ID: 425223

Location: Bestwood St. Albans, Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG5

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Gedling

Civil Parish: Bestwood St. Albans

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Bestwood Emmanuel

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Calverton

Listing Text

BESTWOOD ST. ALBANS MANSFIELD ROAD
SK 54 NE
(west side)
4/8 West Lodge at
Bestwood Pumping
Station
G.V II
Lodge. 1871. Brick with slate roof. Gothic Revival style.
Ashlar dressings. Chamfered plinth, dentillated cornice and
eaves, coped gables with iron finials. 2 external side wall
stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays. L-plan. Windows are lancets with
round and pointed polychrome heads and bracketed sills. East
front has gabled wing to left with hipped square bay window with
6 lancets. In return angle, parapeted square porch with lintel
band. Round headed door with shafts and hood mould. Single
lancet at side. To right, double lancet. Above, to left, 2
double lancets and to right, cross eaves gabled dormer. North
gable has triple lancet and above, double lancet. To right, set
back single storey outbuilding with door and double lancet. To
right again, buttressed wall to square yard. South side has
door flanked to left by C20 casement and to right by 2 lancets.
This building is part of a pumping station which was one of 3
built in the late C19 to serve Nottingham City.


Listing NGR: SK5794248300

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.