This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1262 / 51°7'34"N
Longitude: 0.2605 / 0°15'37"E
OS Eastings: 558278
OS Northings: 138752
OS Grid: TQ582387
Mapcode National: GBR MPZ.6PL
Mapcode Global: VHHQD.GYKK
Plus Code: 9F3247G6+F5
Entry Name: 7, Cumberland Walk
Listing Date: 20 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1266959
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167976
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1
District: Tunbridge Wells
Town: Tunbridge Wells
Electoral Ward/Division: Pantiles and St Mark's
Built-Up Area: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Tunbridge Wells King Charles the Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
TQ 5838 NW 1/19 20.5.52.
A pair to No 6 with fluted pilasters flanking the front with Ammonite capitals.
On account of these it can definitely be ascribed to Amon Henry Wilds circa 1830.
2 storeys and semi-basement stuccoed rusticated and grooved in imitation of masonry.
3 square-headed windows with pointed heads to the upper half of the sashes and
hoodmoulds over with glazing bars intact. Trellis-work porch, flight of steps
to street. The rear elevation has a 3 storey tower of Tunbridge Wells stone with
moulded eaves cornice and stringcourses. 1 sash with most glazing bars intact.
Nos 6 to 9 (consec) and wall in front of No 7 form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ5827938757
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings