This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.7221 / 50°43'19"N
Longitude: -3.5318 / 3°31'54"W
OS Eastings: 291971
OS Northings: 92504
OS Grid: SX919925
Mapcode National: GBR P0.Q5NZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 37H5.FX3
Entry Name: Ruins of Hall of the College of the Vicars Choral, and the Church of St George
Listing Date: 29 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1267162
English Heritage Legacy ID: 419586
Location: Exeter, Devon, EX1
Electoral Ward/Division: St David's
Built-Up Area: Exeter
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Exeter Cathedral
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
Ruins of Hall of the College
of the Vicars Choral, and the
Church of St George
SX 9192 NE 2/473
SX 9192 SE 5/473 29.1.53
Hall of the C14 College, Had early C16 panelling etc. Gutted by fire, 4 May 1942.
Parts of two walls and two mediaeval windows remain. Heavitree stone. Incorporated
with these are the remains of the Church of St George, George Street. Parts of
two walls remain, including Saxon masonry and door-jamb. AM.
Listing NGR: SX9197192504
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings