This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1328 / 51°7'58"N
Longitude: 0.2629 / 0°15'46"E
OS Eastings: 558424
OS Northings: 139495
OS Grid: TQ584394
Mapcode National: GBR MPS.TJ7
Mapcode Global: VHHQD.HSVG
Entry Name: The Priory
Listing Date: 24 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1267213
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167947
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1
District: Tunbridge Wells
Town: Tunbridge Wells
Electoral Ward/Division: Culverden
Built-Up Area: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Tunbridge Wells Holy Trinity with Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
TQ 5839 SW 2/12
TQ 5839 NW 3/12 24.11.66
Circa 1827. A pair by Decimus Burton. No 2 is of 3 storeys ashlar. Slate roof
having 3 gables with cornices. 3 casement windows with hood mouldings and 'Gothick'
heads to ground floor windows. Central french windows set in a 3 light bay with
crenellations above. Ogee arch. Plinth. Steps to street.
The right side portion of No 3 is Circa 1827. 2 storeys basement and attics ashlar.
Slate roof with 1 dormer. Projecting portion containing 2 casements with hood
moulding on the upper floor. The ground floor windows have 'Gothick' heads. Plinth.
9 steps to street with cast iron handrail. To the left is an extension of the
Mid C19 with a gable. 1 window, 3 light mullion on the 2nd floor and 4 light
mullion on the 1st floor with hood moulding above.
Nos 2 and 3 and Holy Trinity Church and walls form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ5842639494
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings