This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8628 / 51°51'46"N
Longitude: -2.2415 / 2°14'29"W
OS Eastings: 383465
OS Northings: 218278
OS Grid: SO834182
Mapcode National: GBR 1L5.447
Mapcode Global: VH94C.3FCS
Plus Code: 9C3VVQ75+49
Entry Name: Ivy House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 15 December 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1271672
English Heritage Legacy ID: 472209
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1
Electoral Ward/Division: Westgate
Built-Up Area: Gloucester
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Hempsted with Gloucester, Saint Mary de Lode and Saint Mary de Crypt
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8318SW EASTGATE STREET
844-1/12/119 (South side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Shown on OS map as No.50 Barton Street.
House, now dental clinic. Late C18 with minor C20 alterations.
Red brick, the side walls rendered, tiled roof. Double-depth
block set back behind forecourt, full-height bow at rear.
EXTERIOR: three storeys. Symmetrical front of three widely
spaced bays; central doorway with rendered reveals and
rectangular fanlight with radiating glazing bars, eight panel
fielded panel door, under cast-iron porch with hipped roof of
glass supported on slender columns; in bays to either side of
porch and on upper floors, sashes with glazing bars (3x4
panes) in openings with rubbed brick flat arches and
projecting stone sills.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
The single storey addition on left hand side and the C20
wrought-iron gates and railings to forecourt are not included.
Listing NGR: SO8346518278
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings