This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0534 / 54°3'12"N
Longitude: -2.8051 / 2°48'18"W
OS Eastings: 347388
OS Northings: 462237
OS Grid: SD473622
Mapcode National: GBR 8PVK.HQ
Mapcode Global: WH846.WCDY
Entry Name: Warehouse on Corner of Duke Street (Warehouse Number 10)
Listing Date: 18 February 1970
Last Amended: 13 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1288769
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383310
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4762 ST GEORGE'S QUAY
1685-1/3/276 (South West side)
18/02/70 Warehouse on corner of Duke Street
(Formerly Listed as:
ST GEORGE'S QUAY
Warehouse on corner of Duke Street)
Warehouse, now flats (converted 1994). Mid C18, altered C20.
Squared coursed sandstone with ashlar dressings to the front
with coursed ruble to the sides and rear. Slate roof with
gable to the road, and a projecting verge over the central
two-thirds. Approx 15m deep on plan behind a facade which is
approx 6m wide.
4 storeys above a cellar. Chamfered quoins. Central loading
slot which has a plain surround, as do all the openings, and
is flanked by a panel on each floor. C20 single-pane pivot
frames. There is no panel in the left half of the top floor,
doubtless to strengthen the wall behind the crane, which is a
C19 iron replacement. On the ground floor the place of the
left-hand panel is taken by the doorway. The loading slot is
glazed with doors. The left-hand return wall to Duke Street
also has a loading slot with projecting verge, glazed.
HISTORY: built on Plot 29.
Listing NGR: SD4738662236
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings