This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2321 / 51°13'55"N
Longitude: -3.7227 / 3°43'21"W
OS Eastings: 279822
OS Northings: 149515
OS Grid: SS798495
Mapcode National: GBR L6.2LQ8
Mapcode Global: VH5JT.F9B9
Plus Code: 9C3R67JG+VW
Entry Name: Coach House Approximately 100 Metres to South South West of Glenthorne
Listing Date: 24 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289349
English Heritage Legacy ID: 397374
Location: Brendon and Countisbury, North Devon, Devon, EX35
District: North Devon
Town: North Devon
Civil Parish: Brendon and Countisbury
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Countisbury with Lynmouth St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 74 NE
4/20 Coach house approximately 100
- metres to south-south-west of
Coach house. Circa 1832. Uncoursed stone rubble. Gable-ended slate roof and lead-
covered cornical roof to turrets.
Plan: rectangular on plan with entrance in front gable end flanked by 2 large round
turrets, each with a doorway. One storey. Coach house with gable-end to front and
flanking low circular turrets to front.
Exterior: gable front with scalloped barge boards and finial. Tudor-arched
carriage entrance with dressed stone voussoirs and pair of large boarded doors;
segmental-headed vents and slits in gable above. Each of the large flanking turrets
has a boarded door with wooden lintel.
Interior: not inspected.
The coach house stands at right angles to the lower stages of the steep drive to
Listing NGR: SS7982249515
Other nearby listed buildings