History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stank Farmhouse and Attached Farm Buildings

A Grade II Listed Building in Roosecote, Cumbria

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1243 / 54°7'27"N

Longitude: -3.1737 / 3°10'25"W

OS Eastings: 323390

OS Northings: 470463

OS Grid: SD233704

Mapcode National: GBR 6N8R.P9

Mapcode Global: WH72J.6LZL

Entry Name: Stank Farmhouse and Attached Farm Buildings

Listing Date: 6 May 1976

Last Amended: 20 December 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1292910

English Heritage Legacy ID: 388362

Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13

County: Cumbria

District: Barrow-in-Furness

Town: Barrow-in-Furness

Electoral Ward/Division: Roosecote

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Dalton-in-Furness St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
Roose

Listing Text


BARROW IN FURNESS

SD27SW STANK
708-1/4/248 (East side)
06/05/76 Stank Farmhouse and attached farm
buildings
(Formerly Listed as:
STANK
Stank Farmhouse and attached barn)

GV II

Farmhouse and attached farm buildings. C17 cruck-framed core
altered and extended C18 and C19. Mixed rubble and yellow
sandstone, graduated slate roofs. Elongated range of 4 builds
stepping up hillside. Upper end to left is of 2 storeys and
attic, 2 bays and deep plan; C17 part to right is 2 storeys, 3
bays with stair outshut to rear; converted single-bay
outbuilding to right then a 2-storey, 3-bay farm building with
partial outshut to rear. Upper end: later stone porch encloses
chamfered doorway; 6-pane sash on left and two 4-pane sashes
to 1st floor, all having projecting stone sills and plain
lintels; ashlar end stacks with plinths and bands. C17 range:
altered exterior has part-glazed door to right, another
doorway (now casement) and 4-pane sashes; paired gutter
blocks; ashlar end stack on right with plinth and band.
Adjacent outbuilding: casement below boarded doorway. Farm
building: central, quoined doorway to each floor; casement
under stone arch on left; altered window to right; slit vents
beneath eaves raised in red sandstone. Right return: blocked
doorway with voussoirs; vent holes. INTERIOR of C17 part:
beamed ceilings, spiral stair of solid oak treads. 1st floor:
splat-balusters to landing; oak floor boards and ledged oak
doors. One pair of cruck blades visible. A complex building
that deserves more detailed study.


Listing NGR: SD2339070463

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.