This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.3754 / 51°22'31"N
Longitude: -0.4425 / 0°26'33"W
OS Eastings: 508498
OS Northings: 165185
OS Grid: TQ084651
Mapcode National: GBR 35.1E6
Mapcode Global: VHFTY.8PXH
Entry Name: Oatlands Park Hotel
Listing Date: 24 October 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1293501
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286835
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT13
Electoral Ward/Division: Oatlands and Burwood Park
Built-Up Area: Weybridge
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Weybridge
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 06NE BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE OATLANDS DRIVE
1/266 Oatlands Park Hotel
House, now hotel. Original house of 1794 by Henry Holland for Duke of York, reconstr-
ucted in 1827 for Edward "Golden Ball" Hughes and remodelled, with west wing added in
1856 by T.H. Whyatt, when converted into hotel. Italianate style. Yellow stock brick
rendered dressings with hipped slate roofs, bracketed eaves and panelled brick stacks.
3 storeys, 4 balustraded angle tower on south west corner. 2bow windows rising through
2 storeys on south front of tower. Hip roofed belvedere loggia to top with triple
arch arcade on north and south sides, 4 arches on east and west.
Main front: 9 bay sash windowed range to left with rendered string course over first
floor, geometric pattern freize over ground floor and rendered window surrounds to
ground floor, keystones breaking into the freize. Similar 4 bay block to right of
centre with further 4 bay block breaking forward to right. Ballroom extension: 2
storeys and attic in Mansard roof projecting forward at the east end(right). Recessed
3 bay entrance block to centre of main front under lead square ogee domed roof, behind
triple arched loggia with paired Roman Ionic columns on pedestals, bracketed entablature.
Triple glazed doors behind under traceried fanlights.
West front: (Left hand return front) 2 square bays to ground floor, "Venetian" style
surround to double half-glazed doors with Doric pilasters. C20 additions to left.
Listing NGR: TQ0849865185
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings